Thursday, August 9, 2012

DIY Walnut Speakers


A good buddy of mine and I are making some Teak amped speakers for his music and home and it got me looking at nice speaker cases for inspiration. In that scouring the internet, Ive been eye-ing a set of desktop speakers that were better looking than what I have had over the last several years...



Harmon Kardon are the "new Bose" type speakers. Not extremely good on the highs and lows, but a solid speaker. I had seen these on several different sites here lately. Priced at a hefty $450 for the pair...

Out of sheer DIY-ism, I decided that I could make them myself out of my old, ugly speakers...




The final product...


If anyone is looking to something similar, do not hesitate to contact me and I'll give you some pointers. Trust me I went through ALOT of lumber perfecting the process.
8)

No comments:

Post a Comment